Subject: Scientology and US intelligence go back a long way
From: [email-masked] (Phil Scott)
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 08:32:56 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.clearing.technology

Path:
news.tdl.com!news.he.net!netnews.com!newsfeeds.belnet.be!news.belnet.be!nmaster.kpnqwest.net!newsfeed.Austria.EU.net!anon.lcs.mit.edu!nym.alias.net!mail2news
Date: 14 Aug 2000 07:32:02 -0000
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
From: [email-masked] (CL)
Subject: When and Who of CST--Part 4
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Comments: The Eelbash Remailer Admin Responds to Complaints.
        If somebody is using this remailer to harrass you
        or disrupt a newsgroup, let the admin know.
        See: http://members.xoom.com/eelbashw/info.html
X-Remailer-Contact: [email-masked]
Mail-To-News-Contact: [email-masked]
Organization: [email-masked]
Lines: 647
Xref: news.tdl.com alt.religion.scientology:687492

Here is the fourth installment in the timeline about the when-and-who
that led up to the founding of CST.

As before, I've culled almost all of this from the 1972-1982 Timeline
that The Librarian posted in a.r.s. I've also added a few of my own
notes regarding things that I felt were omissions from that timeline.

For the sake of brevity, I have cut all the references to the sources
of
this information, but it is all available in the original
Librarian-posted timeline, and can be verified.

I pick up here where we left off in Part 3--End of 1977, beginning of
1978. 

Herein we first are introduced to attorney SHERMAN LENSKE, who will
soon
be instrumental in restructuring all of Scientology, as well as
writing
L. Ron Hubbard's wills:

===================================================================

SUMMARY WHO IS WHERE, DOING WHAT, AT THE END OF 1977

1. The CIA has a secret remote-viewing installation now set up, which
has been joined to the U.S. Army Intelligence Agency's merger with the
Army Security Agency to form the all-in-one "Intelligence and Security
Command" (INSCOM). Under INSCOM, a major and super-secret
remote-viewing
program is being established at Fort Meade. The program has gone under
the code name SCANATE (for "SCAN by coordiNATE"), but soon will become
Project GRILL FLAME, and evolve into Project STAR GATE. Scientology's
Guardian's Office is overseeing at least three major FOIA actions
against the CIA, NSA, and the Defense Intelligence agencies, et. al,
(see below) who are all fighting the FOIA actions, partly ON THE
GROUNDS
OF NATIONAL SECURITY. There is no indication anywhere that L. Ron
Hubbard, Mary Sue Hubbard, or anyone in the Guardian's Office, or even
anyone in Congress--including the new Senate-created "permanent Select
Committee on Intelligence"--is aware that Scientology OTs are working
for the CIA and training CIA personnel. But documents have been being
collected by the G.O. through Freedom of Information Act proceedings.

2. The Founding Church of Washington, D.C. (FCDC) has filed a
class-action suit against the Director of the FBI; the Director of the
National Security Agency (NSA); the Director of the CIA; the Chief of
the National Central Bureau of the International Criminal Police
Organization (INTERPOL); The Attorney General of the United States;
the
Secretary of the Treasury (includes IRS); the Secretary of the Army;
and
the Postmaster General of the United States. The United States is also
named as a defendant. The case is: "The Founding Church of Scientology
v. Clarence Kelley, et al.," C.A. No. 77-0175. It alleges that FCDC,
as
well as the class it seeks to represent (all churches and missions of
Scientology), has been the subject of a government-wide conspiracy to
destroy a religion. FCDC claims that its constitutional and statutory
rights have been violated in that the defendants have improperly
maintained and disseminated information regarding the plaintiff;
harassed, observed, and infiltrated the plaintiff organization;
"blacklisted" members of the plaintiff; and subjected the plaintiff to
discriminatory tax audits. The CIA, NSA, and the Defense intelligence
agencies, in this and several other legal actions, are fighting
release
of certain Scientology-related documents ON GROUNDS OF NATIONAL
SECURITY.

3. FCDC, having discovered that there are CIA and NSA documents
regarding FCDC, Scientology, and/or L. Ron Hubbard, is STILL in
litigation in a separate legal suit trying to obtain those documents.
But NSA is still fighting to block the release of those documents on
grounds of NATIONAL SECURITY. [NOTE: The case is dragged out in the
courts, and NSA ultimately wins, so the contested documents HAVE NEVER
BEEN RELEASED TO THIS DAY. But the case is not even decided until 15
May
1979, AFTER a federal grand jury has indicted Mary Sue Hubbard and 10
other Guardian's Office personnel, as will be indicated at that point
in
this timeline.]

4. The Church of Scientology of California (CSC) has filed suit AND IS
STILL IN LITIGATION, trying to gain access to documents regarding L.
Ron
Hubbard, Scientology, Scientologists, and/or Scientology
organizations,
documents that are being withheld--partially on grounds of NATIONAL
SECURITY--by the Department of the Army, U.S. Army Intelligence, the
Department of Defense, and U.S. Naval Intelligence. [NOTE: The case is
dragged out in the courts, CSC loses, and an appeal is filed. There is
no available record of the final outcome, but all indications are that
the contested documents HAVE NEVER BEEN RELEASED TO THIS DAY. The
appeal
is not even decided until 7 November 1979--a month AFTER Mary Sue
Hubbard and 10 other indicted Guardian's Office personnel have signed
a
government "Stipulation of Evidence," as will be indicated at that
point
in this timeline.]

5. Gerald Wolfe--former IRS employee under Meade Emory, and alleged
Guardian's Office covert agent at IRS--having VOLUNTARILY WAIVED his
protection against a grand jury, has now testified before the grand
jury
in the most destructive possible way, giving the government its case.

6. Michael Meisner, having been briefed on Gerald Wolfe's disastrous
appearance before the grand jury, has turned himself in to the FBI,
and
has become a government witness against the Guardian's Office.

7. Allegedly on the basis of Wolfe's grand jury appearance and the
testimony of Michael Meisner, the FBI has conducted a massive raid on
three Guardian's Office installations on separate coasts: the Cedars
complex and Fifield Manor in California, and the Washington, D.C.
[FCDC]
office--06:00 hours Pacific time. At the time of these raids, the
Guardian's Office is managing a number of Freedom of Information Act
(FOIA) suits against Clarence Kelley and the FBI, plus the CIA, the
National Security Agency (NSA), the Department of Defense, Army
Intelligence, Naval Intelligence, the Treasury Department (including
IRS), INTERPOL, and the Attorney General of the United States. The
CIA,
at the time, has appropriated Scientology Advanced Technology via the
use of Scientology OTs who have developed "remote-viewing" techniques,
and who have trained CIA personnel and Defense intelligence agency
personnel. And the CIA, NSA, and other government intelligence
agencies
are all fighting to prevent the release of documents regarding
Scietology and L. Ron Hubbard ON THE GROUNDS OF NATIONAL SECURITY.

8. L. Ron Hubbard is supposedly in Sparks, Nevada accompanied only by
Diane Reisdorf, Claire Rousseau and Pat Broeker, where he allegedly
stays through the end of 1977 "because of possible repurcussions from
the FBI raids." There is no word at all where Mary Sue Hubbard is; it
can only be assumed that she has remained at La Quinta, in the
southern
California desert, though why she is not also with LRH out of concerns
for "possible repurcussions from the FBI raids" is never explained or
questioned in any of the available sources of information.

9. LRH's "Hubbard Association of Scientologists, International"--which
he incorporated in Arizona in 1954, which owns the copyrights and
trademarks of Scientology, and which has been under the control of the
Guardian's Office--has now been sent a Certificate of Revocation by
the
Arizona Corporation Commission, revoking the corporation's Articles of
Incorporation, and its right to conduct business. The Certificate of
Revocation has been mailed back from the postal service in Silver
Springs, Maryland  as "Moved--Not Forwardable." The HASI is dead. The
trademarks and copyrights are now in a sort of limbo as "unclaimed
property" in the custody of the Arizona Corporations Commission.

10. Kendrick "Rick" Moxon (who will become attorney for CST) is
missing-in-action; once he turned over an affidavit to the FBI with
handwriting samples that may have been--or may not have been--Michael
Meisner's, we hear no more about him for years to come.

11. Meade Emory (later to be a founder of CST) has finished his stint
at
IRS as Assistant to Commissioner of IRS Donald C. Alexander, and is
also
missing in action. We hear no more about him until he becomes a
founder
of CST--once Mary Sue and other top Guardian's Office officials have
been convicted.

=====================================================================

AND NOW, 1978...

Sunday, 01 c. January 1978 
Stacy Young is posted in the United States Guardian's Office (USGO).

Sunday, 01 c. January 1978 
Jaack Verona, head of the Defense Intelligence Agency's (DIA) Science
and Technology Directorate, becomes "overall head of the
remote-viewing
programme." [NOTE: At around this time, the remote viewing efforts
begin
operating under the codename GRILL FLAME. It is implied in the
referenced source that there is agency-wide cooperation in these
programmes, though they have moved under DIA for control. This date is
estimated; only the year is known. It must not be forgotten that ALL
U.S. intelligence agencies are merely different departments in the
President's cabinet, and are fully coordinated with liaison functions
between them. The "separation" of the numerous agencies is a
shell-game
sham.]

Sunday, 01 c. January 1978 
Quoted from the reference source: "In 1978, the intelligence community
was so pleased with the results of the SRI [Stanford Research
Institute
remote-viewing] team that funding was massively extended. A
multimillion
dollar project called "Grill Flame" was brought into being under the
auspices of the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) and the Navy. The
projects at SRI continued, but were greatly augmented at Fort George
Meade in Maryland. The US Army Intelligence and Security agency became
involved in the project... ." [NOTE: The "SRI remote-viewing team"
being
referred to is secretly being run by Scientology OTs Hal Puthoff and
Ingo Swann, who have also been training CIA personnel in
Scientology-based "co-ordinate remote viewing." It becomes patently
obvious that the Kennedy committee looking into MKULTRA was set up as
a
major redirection of attention, with controlled release of sensational
information to the press regarding the CIA's PAST activities, while
the
remote-viewing program is quietly "moved" to DIA, with massive new
funding, and while DOJ is simultaneously destroying "the cult" and ITS
"intelligence agency"--the Guardian's Office.]

Monday, 02 January 1978 
LRH allegedly arrives back at the La Quinta ranch, supposedly having
gotten word that it is "unlikely" he will be indicted as a result of
the
FBI raids, and Mary Sue ostensibly leaves La Quinta for good on the
very
same day, after a meeting with LRH, going to L.A. to set up residence
there. [NOTE: There is absolutely NO indication in ANY source that
even
pretends to explain how, or why, LRH "got word that it was 'unlikely'"
that he would be indicted. On what basis? From whom? This is
incredibly
premature, since the the government has not named anyone for possible
indictment for anything.]

Tuesday, 17 January 1978 
Yvonne Jentzsch, who started Celebrity Centre, dies of some form of
cancer. She is Gerry Armstrong's mother-in-law, and is married to
Heber
Jentzsch. She has been under the care of David Mayo, who is soon to
write the "New Era Dianetics for OTs" [NOTs] series--which has
subsequently been linked to numerous cases of cancer. [NOTE: There is
founded speculation that Yvonne Jentzsch had become aware of sensitive
information. Some believe that she was therefore murdered, and that
she
was an early test case for the efficacy of "NOTs," which was
predicated
entirely on a REVERSAL of known Scientology and Dianetic techniques,
with the specific intent to induce severe illness.]

Sunday, 22 January 1978 
There are two purported "Hubbard orders" dated Jan. 22, 1978,
regarding
his "legal fees"--which later become sealed documents in an Armstrong
trial.

  --ENTER SHERMAN LENSKE...

Tuesday, 11 April 1978 
INCORPORATED: 
Shaw Management Corporation 
5336 Fountain Ave. 
Los Angeles, California  90029 
President: Gene Denk 
Corporate number 863729, incorporated 04/11/78 
Statement of Officers file 220072, file date 05/06/96 California
Secretary of State 
[NOTE: This corporation is set up by Sherman Lenske, who will soon--in
1981 and 1982--set up the "new Scientology corporate structure,"
including Church of Spiritual Technology [CST] with former Assitant to
the Commissioner of IRS, Meade Emory, who has been Assistant to the
Commissioner through the majority of the alleged "Snow White"
burglaries, etc., and the subsequent FBI raid--1975 through 1977.
Lenske
also becomes the attorney who oversees all probate regarding L. Ron
Hubbard, and writes the wills that gives all of LRH's intellectual
properties to CST. Lenske also becomes a Special Director of CST. The
president of this particular corporation, Dr. Gene Denk, goes on to
become the "personal physician" for LRH, and is the attending
physician
for LRH's "death" on 24 January 1986--with indications of the
psychiatric drug Vistiril in LRH's system, and needle marks in the
body.
And "Shaw Management Corporation" manages "Shaw Health Center," which
becomes the de facto medical clinic for all Sea Org members in Los
Angeles at a time when all Scientology international management is
being
phased over to Los Angeles. It becomes a repository of medicial and
other information on every major Guardian's Office and Sea Org
executive.]

Friday, 28 April 1978 
The Washington Post 
Friday, April 28, 1978 
"Effort to Silence Critics Seen in Scientology Data." 
by Ron Shaffer, Washington Post Staff Writer: 
"Church of Scientology documents seized by the FBI indicate that the
church has been waging an extensive, sophisticated campaign to
identify,
attack and discredit its 'enemies,' including Justice Department
invetigators, other public officials and inquiring journalists. 
    "The 'attack and destroy' campaign carried out by the Church of
Scientology's 'Guardian's Office' to silence critics has involved
illegal surveillance, burglaries, forgeries and many forms of
harassment, according to sources close to an intensive federal
investigation of the Scientologists' activities. "Sources said the
'covert operations' [were] documented in the Scientologists' own
internal memoranda and directives, which were seized by the FBI under
court subpoena last July... . 
    "Asked last night about these alleged operations, Gregory Layton,
a
spokesman for the Church of Scientology, said the government evidence
is
a compilation of "false reports" put out by the government as part of
'20 years of harassment.' Layton said the church has extensive
documentation to refute the existence of the incidents described in
this
story. Layton accused the key federal prosecutor in the Scientology
investigation, Raymond Banoun of disseminating false information in
retaliation for a demonstration yesterday by Scientologists against
Banoun that was staged in front of the Justice Department.... 
    "The Scientologists have contended in court documents, in press
releases and in interviews that they are the victims of extensive
harassment by the federal government, which is attempting to suppress
their religion. 
    "They have filed complaints against federal investigators working
on
the case, repeatedly accused the FBI of 'Gestapo' tactics in carrying
out raids, and sued virtually every federal official they have
identified as being involved with the case. 
    "The Scientologists' broadcast suit pending in federal court here
accuses numerous government agencies of conducting a 20-year campaign
to
infiltrate and harass the religious group in violation of the First
Amendment. They say the current federal investigation into alleged
illegal break-ins and buggings by the Scientologists is only the
latest
and most visible act by the government against them. 
    "...FBI agents seized truckloads of Scientology documents in
simultaneous raids on church headquarters here and in Los Angeles last
July 8. 
    "...The church immediately began a legal assault on the warrant's
validity here and in Los Angeles that immediately prevented
prosecutors
and FBI officials from using the documents in their investigation.
U.S.
District Chief Judge William B. Bryant ruled that the warrant was too
broad and the search was therefore illegal.  He was reversed by the
U.S.
Court of Appeals, and that appellate ruling was upheld by the U.S.
Supreme Court. ..."

Thursday, 04 May 1978 
Church of Scientology of California (CSC) transfers to L. Ron Hubbard
all rights to Board Policy Letters (BPLs) and Board Technical
Bulletins
(BTBs) that have been authored to date, or ever will be authored, by
CSC.

Tuesday, 16 May 1978 
The Washington Post,  
May 16, 1978, 
"Scientologists Kept Files on 'Enemies'; Church Kept Detailed Files on
'Enemies' Inventory of Seized Documents Shows Memos on Congressmen and
Judges," 
by Ron Shaffer, Washington Post Staff Writer 
"The Church of Scientology, in its efforts to investigate and attack
its
'enemies,' kept files on five Washington federal judges, Sen. Edward
M.
Kennedy, other congressmen, Jacqueline Onassis, the Better Business
Bureau and the American Medical Association, according to Scientology
documents in the possession of federal investigators. 
    "...Federal investigators studying the thousands of pages of
seized
Scientology papers also have found secret CIA documents, 'apparently
original' Internal Revenue Service documents, and confidential letters
between presidential Cabinet members including one letter that
apparently was drafted but never sent. 
    "...The files also include, according to the inventory, a
five-page
'investigation' of Sen. Edward M. Kennedy (D-Mass.) and references to
an
acquaintance of Kennedy's named Helga Wagner. ..." [NOTE: Kennedy, at
this time, is heading up the Congressional committee looking into the
CIA and other intelligence activities. Kennedy's committee never
reveals
any information about the CIA being involved in massive funding of its
Scientology-based remote viewiing program.]

Saturday, 01 c. July 1978 
The Army's Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) has completed
setting up its own unit of military remote viewers at Fort Meade,
Maryland--trained by Scientology OTs. Major General Edmund Thompson,
the
Army's Assistant Chief of Staff for Intelligence, has encouraged the
establishment of the unit. It is part of the remote viewing programme
being managed by the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) that is
codenamed
GRILL FLAME.

Friday, 28 July 1978 
The Washington Post, 
July 28, 1978, 
"Scientologists Take Public Offensive; Public Offensive Tack Taken by
Scientologists; Church Says Indictments Near," 
by Ron Shaffer and Timothy S. Robinson, Washington Post Staff Writers:
"The church of Scientology held an unusual press reception yesterday
to
introduce two of its top officials who the church says will be
indicted
for alleged crimes against the government. 
    "...[C]hurch lawyer Philip J. Hirschkop told assembled reporters
that the predicted indictments are part of a government effort 'to
break
the back' of the church. 
    "Hirschkop said that a total of 12 church members - including Mary
Sue Hubbard, wife of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard - have been
formally notified that they are under grand jury investigation here
for
alleged crimes, including burglary, obstruction of justice, theft of
government property, wiretapping, harboring a fugitive and conspiracy.

    "'We expect...[the indictments] the second week of August,'
Hirschkop said. He added that the government has told him at least six
church officials will be indicted. 
    "...The church has filed 26 Freedom of Information Act suits
against
U.S. government agencies, church officials said, and some of the
agencies claimed they had no information on the church when in fact
they
did. The government has had 'massive files with massive false reports
on
the church,' [Henning] Heldt said. Scientology has filed a
multimillion
dollar suit against the government, alleging a campaign of harrassment
that has spanned decades, and Hirschkop asserted yesterday that the
government's intent in the indictments is to destroy the chruch's
litigation against the government, 'which would destroy the church.'
."

Tuesday, 15 August 1978 
The Associated Press, 
August 15, 1978, AM cycle, 
by JAMES H. RUBIN, Associated Press Writer 
"Eleven members and officials of the Church of Scientology, including
the wife of its founder, were indicted Tuesday on charges that include
stealing government documents and planting bugging devices in
government
offices. 
    "Officials of the church...have accused the government of
harrassing
the church for nearly three decades. 
    "Named in the federal grand jury indictment were Mary Sue Hubbard,
wife of church founder L. Ron Hubbard, two other church members now in
Britain, and eight officials and members of the church in this
country. 
    "Mrs. Hubbard, who also lives in Britain, was described as the
second leading official of the church after her husband. The Justice
Department declined to explain why Hubbard, who founded the church
nearly 30 years ago, was not named in the indictment. 
    "...Justice Department spokesman Robert Stevenson said the
department has been told by Mrs. Hubbard's lawyer that she will
voluntarily come from Sussex, England, where she lives and where the
church's world headquarters is located. 
    "He said the eight other defendants, who are in this country, will
also voluntarily appear and that extradition proceedings are underway
to
bring two - Jane Kember and Morris Budlong - from England. 
    "Also named in the indictment were church officials Dukes Snider -
who is not the former major league baseball player and is not related
to
him - of Hollywood, Calif., Richard Weigand of Van Nuys, Calif.,
Gregory
Willardson of Beverly Hills, Calif., Mitchell Hermann of Hollywood,
Calif., and Cindy Raymond of Hollywood and Henning Heldt of Los
Angeles. 
    "Also named were Gerald Bennett Wolfe of Areleta, Calif., and
Sharon
Thomas of Los Angeles, who were described as agents of the church who
engaged in burglaries and theft of government property...." [NOTE:
This
AP story contradicts another source (Bare Faced Messiah) which claims
that Mary Sue Hubbard had gone to live in Los Angeles at the time.]

Thursday, 17 August 1978 
The Associated Press 
August 17, 1978, AM cycle, 
by JAMES H. RUBIN, Associated Press Writer: 
"Nine of the eleven members and officials of the Church of Scientology
accused in a plot to burglarize government offices and steal official
documents surrendered to authorities Thursday and were released
without
bail. 
    "Extradition proceedings have begun against the other two indicted
officials whose addresses are listed as the church's international
headquarters in Susex, England. 
    "The nine who were in court Thursday are due to be arraigned Aug.
29
in federal court at which time they will plead either innocent or
guilty
to the charges. 
    "Appearing before U.S. magistrate Jean Dwyer Thursday were Mary
Sue
Hubbard, wife of the founder of the church's founder L. Ron Hubbard,
and
eight other church members from the Scientologist national
headquarters
in Los Angeles. 
    "The defendants were ordered by magistrate Dwyer not to leave the
country and to maintain routine contact with authorities in Los
Angeles
while they are awaiting trial. 
    "...One of the defendants, Henning Heldt, told reporters he did
not
known where Hubbard himself is presently living and said he did not
know
if the church founder would appear at his wife's side at any time
during
the court proceedings. Hubard has not been indicted in the alleged
conspiracy. 
    "Another defendant, Duke Snider, contended Thursday 'It is we who
have the documented proof of conspiracy... .' 
    "The other defendants in court were Richard Weigand, Gregory
Willardson, Mitchell Hermann, Cindy Raymond, Gerald Bennett Wolfe, and
Sharon Thomas. ..."

Tuesday, 29 August 1978 
The Associated Press, 
August 29, 1978, AM cycle, 
by JAMES H. RUBIN, Associated Press Writer: 
"Nine members of the Church of Scientology pleaded innocent Tuesday to
charges that include stealing government documents and planting
eavesdropping devices in government offices. 
    "U.S. District Judge George L. Hart Jr., said the case does not
revolve around the issue of freedom of religion, as officials of the
church contend. 
    "...Hart granted the defense until Nov. 20 to file pretrial
motions.
Lawyers for the defendants had said they need extra time to prepare
for
what they said was an extremely complex case involving thousands of
documents seized by the FBI in raids last year on church facilities in
Los Angeles and Washington. 
    "Leonard Boudin, who is representing Mrs. Hubbard, asked that Hart
be taken off the case and replaced by Judge William B. Bryant, who has
been presiding over a civil suit involving the church. 
    "Hart gave no indicating he intended to remove himself. 
        "...An affidavit filed with Hart claimed the government has
'conducted surveillance by mail, informant infiltration, thefts and
seizures...and the interception of telephone and wire communications'
against the church. 
    "...In addition to Mrs. Hubbard, who gave her address as Sussex,
England where the church has its world headquarters, the defendants
were: Henning Heldt, Duke Snider, Mitchell Hermann, Cindy Raymond, all
of Hollywood, Calif.; Richard Weigand of Van Nuys, Calif.; Gregory
Willardson of Beverly Hills, Calif.; Gerald B. Wolfe of Areleta,
Calif.,
and Sharon Thomas of Los Angeles. 
    "Two other defendants named in the Aug 15 indictment Jane Kember
and
Morris Budlong - were believed to be in England."

Friday, 01 c. September 1978 
LRH purportedly collapses while filming in the southern California
desert. Dr. Gene Denk [who has recently been set up as President of
Shaw
Managment Corporation by attorney Sherman Lenske] and David Mayo are,
allegedly, both escorted to La Quinta blindfolded. Mayo reportedly
begins auditing LRH, and the story is that this leads to the writing
of
"New Era Dianetics for OTs" [NOTs]--which is written by Mayo. 

Friday, 15 September 1978 
LRH puportedly writes FO 3729, also issued as ED 106 CMO, entitled
"Commodore's Messengers." In this issue, the writer says, "The
Beingness
of a Commodore's Messenger on duty is an emissary of the Commodore.
What
is done or said to that Messenger is being said or done to the
Commodore." This, of course, is a complete "identification," and such
a
statement by LRH is not only unprecedented, but is contrary to the
most
basic Axioms and tenets of Scientology. Yet this issue, more than any
other, grants sweeping, virtually omnipotent power to the Commodore's
Messenger Org--a vital step leading to coming events.

Friday, 15 c. September c. 1978 
According to an AP story that quotes Gerry Armstrong, LRH, on or
around
this date goes to "Gilman Hot Springs after being hospitalized in Los
Angeles in 1978." [NOTE: This date is estimated but is based on the
claim in BFM that LRH collapsed in the desert somewhere around this
time. Could it be that he actually was hospitalized in LA around this
time? These are contrary facts.]

Tuesday, 19 September 1978
The release of OT VIII and discovery of New Era Dianetics for OTs
[NOTs]
are announced. [NOTE: The NOTs series is written by David Mayo--not by
L. Ron Hubbard.]

Tuesday, 31 October 1978 
Two senior scientists from the Soviet Ministry of Defense--Jan I.
Koltunov and Nikolai A. Nosov--become members of the Moscow
Bio-Electronics Laboratory, where parapsychology experiments and
research in telepathy are conducted. [NOTE: This would seem to be the
same as the "Laboratory for Bio-Information" and the "Laboratory for
Bio-Communications;" the referenced source seems to use these names
interchangeably.]

Saturday, 18 November 1978 
"The Jonestown Massacre" takes place. Congressman Leo Ryan, a noted
CIA
critic who has co-authored the Hughes-Ryan Amendment--which would
reqire
the CIA to disclose, in advance, details of all covert operation--and
who is in Jonestown to investigate reports of human rights abuses, is
murdered.

Thursday, 07 December 1978 
The KGB restructures the Moscow Laboratory for Bio-Electronics--where
experiments in parapsychology are conducted--"along lines that favor
military-oriented research, as evidenced by their establishment of
'Rules for Admittance to Membership in the Central Public Laboratory
for
Bio-Electronics,'" creating stringent security requirements.  [NOTE:
This would seem to be the same as the "Laboratory for Bio-Information"
and the "Laboratory for Bio-Communications;" the referenced source
seems
to use these names interchangeably.]

Sunday, 17 December 1978
The book "What is Scientology?" is announced for release. It is not BY
L. Ron Hubbard; it is "based on the works of" L. Ron Hubbard.

===================================================================

SUMMARY WHO IS WHERE, DOING WHAT, AT THE END OF 1978

1. In addition to the CIA's own Scientology-trained team of in-house
remote-viewing personnel, the "Intelligence and Security Command"
(INSCOM) has established a major and super-secret multi-million-dollar
remote-viewing program at Fort Meade in Maryland. Funding for
remote-viewing has been "massively expanded." The program, which has
previously gone under the code name SCANATE (for "SCAN by
coordiNATE"),
is now called "Project GRILL FLAME" (and will evolve into Project STAR
GATE). Scientology's Guardian's Office is overseeing at least three
major FOIA actions against the CIA, NSA, and the Defense Intelligence
agencies, et. al, (see below) who are all fighting the FOIA actions,
partly ON THE GROUNDS OF NATIONAL SECURITY. There is no indication
anywhere that L. Ron Hubbard, Mary Sue Hubbard, or anyone in the
Guardian's Office, or even anyone in Congress--including the new
Senate-created "permanent Select Committee on Intelligence"--is aware
that Scientology OTs are working on a CIA contract, and are training
U.S. intelligence personnel. But documents have been being collected
by
the G.O. through Freedom of Information Act proceedings.

2. The Founding Church of Washington, D.C. (FCDC) has a class-action
suit in progress against the Director of the FBI; the Director of the
National Security Agency (NSA); the Director of the CIA; the Chief of
the National Central Bureau of the International Criminal Police
Organization (INTERPOL); The Attorney General of the United States;
the
Secretary of the Treasury (includes IRS); the Secretary of the Army;
and
the Postmaster General of the United States. The United States is also
named as a defendant. The case is: "The Founding Church of Scientology
v. Clarence Kelley, et al.," C.A. No. 77-0175. It alleges that FCDC,
as
well as the class it seeks to represent (all churches and missions of
Scientology), has been the subject of a government-wide conspiracy to
destroy a religion. The CIA, NSA, and the Defense intelligence
agencies,
in this and several other legal actions, are fighting release of
certain
Scientology-related documents ON GROUNDS OF NATIONAL SECURITY.

3. FCDC, having discovered that there are CIA and NSA documents
regarding FCDC, Scientology, and/or L. Ron Hubbard, is STILL in
litigation in a separate legal suit trying to obtain those documents.
But NSA is still fighting to block the release of those documents on
grounds of NATIONAL SECURITY. [NOTE: The case is dragged out in the
courts, and NSA ultimately wins, so the contested documents HAVE NEVER
BEEN RELEASED TO THIS DAY. But the case is not even decided until 15
May
1979, AFTER a federal grand jury has indicted Mary Sue Hubbard and 10
other Guardian's Office personnel, as will be indicated at that point
in
this timeline.]

4. The Church of Scientology of California (CSC) has filed suit AND IS
STILL IN LITIGATION, trying to gain access to documents regarding L.
Ron
Hubbard, Scientology, Scientologists, and/or Scientology
organizations,
documents that are being withheld--partially on grounds of NATIONAL
SECURITY--by the Department of the Army, U.S. Army Intelligence, the
Department of Defense, and U.S. Naval Intelligence. [NOTE: The case is
dragged out in the courts, CSC loses, and an appeal is filed. There is
no available record of the final outcome, but all indications are that
the contested documents HAVE NEVER BEEN RELEASED TO THIS DAY. The
appeal
is not even decided until 7 November 1979--a month AFTER Mary Sue
Hubbard and 10 other indicted Guardian's Office personnel have signed
a
government "Stipulation of Evidence," as will be indicated at that
point
in this timeline.]

5. Attorney Sherman Lenske--who, along with former Assistant to the
Commissioner of IRS Meade Emory and others, will soon restructure all
of
Scientology, and who will control every aspect of L. Ron Hubbard's
wills
and probate--has incorporated "Shaw Management Corporation,"
installing
Dr. Gene Denk as its President. Shortly after its incorporation, Dr.
Denk allegedly has been called upon to become "personal physician" to
L.
Ron Hubbard, and has been rushed, blindfolded, out to the southern
California desert to attended Hubbard, who purportedly has collapsed
[for reasons never explained]. Shaw Managment Corporation's daughter
company, Shaw Health Center, meanwhile, has been being established as
the de facto medical facility for ALL Guardian's Office and Sea Org
personnel, methodically accumulating sensitive information on every
major Guardian's Office and Sea Org executive.

6. Mary Sue Hubbard and ten other members of the Guardian's Office
have
been indicted on charges that include stealing government documents
and
planting bugging devices in government offices. They have all plead
"not
guilty," and all have been released without bail. Although one source
claims Mary Sue has been living in Los Angeles, the news services
report
that she has travelled from England to voluntarily appear before the
court.

7. L. Ron Hubbard supposedly has collapsed in the southern California
desert while filming. Dr. Gene Denk has reportedly been rushed out to
the desert to attend LRH, along with Scientology Case Supervisor David
Mayo. [NOTE: But another source, an AP story, says that LRH has been
hospitalized in Los Angeles.] While there, Mayo writes the "New Era
Dianetics for OTs" (NOTs) series. (NOTs has since been linked to
numerous cases of cancer, and has been analyzed by some researchers as
being a clear and seemingly intentional REVERSAL of Scientology
fundamentals.)

8. LRH's "Hubbard Association of Scientologists, International"--which
he incorporated in Arizona in 1954, which owned the copyrights and
trademarks of Scientology, and which has been under the control of the
Guardian's Office--has now been sent a Certificate of Revocation by
the
Arizona Corporation Commission, revoking the corporation's Articles of
Incorporation and its right to conduct business. The HASI is dead. All
of L. Ron Hubbard's trademarks and copyrights are now in a sort of
limbo
as "unclaimed property" in the custody of the Arizona Corporations
Commission. So, where is LRH--really?

9. CIA critic and congressman Leo J. Ryan has been sensationally
murdered in Jonestown, along with the many victims of "The Jonestown
Massacre." It has whipped up a media frenzy decrying "cults," while
Scientology and the Guardian's Office are being publically pilloried
as
"cultists" who allegedly have been engaged in a years-long conspiracy
against the hapless CIA, NSA, FBI, IRS, DOJ, and the rest of the
United
States government.

=====================================================================

COMING SOON: 1979

CL