Subject: jaz0.memo
From: Clearing Archive Roboposter <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Aug 2000 00:13:35 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.clearing.technology

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 14:15:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: The Rock

In a message dated 97-06-11 03:40:05 EDT, you write:

<< Could not 'hate' also be an item?
 
      So let's broaden the discussion.>>

Well now, Trusted Homer, you know how I dislike becoming a source of
technology for a field. I prefer to do that for the PC in front of me. 

However, I will lightly step into this, and if it tends toward a game
condition I vanish.

"Hate" as an operative state of beingness and as that which another uses in
order to confront his/her universe might be approached as an item, purely
based upon the charge surrounding this state of beingness. It depends purely
upon how it manifests in the context of a formal session.
  
<< Homer: What is the difference between an Item and a Terminal.>>

"Item" and "Terminal" become synonymous under certain conditions. Typically
an "Item" is a specific, relative to a group or set, whereas "Terminal" is a
general form.
  
<< Homer:  What is the difference between a Terminal and an Identity?>>

"Identity" refers to a specific beingness, whereas "Terminal" can be anything
with which the PC/Client/Viewer establishes communication.
  
<< Homer:  What is the difference between a Terminal and a Condition? >>

A "Terminal" demonstrates, has, objectifies, is subject to a "Condition",
whereas a "Condition" is the state in which one might find a "Terminal".
  
<< Homer:  Can an Identity be an item? >>

Now we digress into the convolutions of the "mind". Yes, in the sense of
"deer" and "A Hunter". The "deer", when asked "Who or what is attempting to
unmock you ?" might have "A Hunter" as THE item in a list of potential
sources of extinction.
  
<< Homer:  Can a Condition be an item? >>

Again, the "mind" bares its' teeth. The question "Who or what has caused you
joy ?" might possibly have "Power" as THE item in a list of potential sources
of "joy".
  
<< Homer: Electra spends a lot of time talking about Central Conditions,
 yet I always thought that Hubbard said that conditions were unauditable,
 that one needed to find the terminal that had the condition and
 audit that. >>

The "Hubbard" viewpoint stems back to Dianetics and valence handling. It is
NOT the significance, one is after, in order to release charge, it is the
TERMINAL. 

I am not familiar with Electra and have no idea of what he/she means by
"Central Condition" - at first glance it appears to be a misunderstood on the
word "condition". Without the actual material in front of me, I can make no
adjudication. However, "condition" is "condition". A "Central Condition"
would have to be a subset of "condition", which would then relegate it to the
position of a "significance". Wrong target.

I refer you to Phoenix Lectures relative to the Four Conditions of Existence,
and the LRH method for approaching/auditing them.

Represent Lists ("Who or what represents 'Power' ?") will pull out terminals.
This is a complete technology in itself.

Trust this gives some insight as to how I consider these things.

Love, LaMont
      
      Homer
  >>

================ http://www.clearing.org ====================
Tue Aug 15 00:13:34 EDT 2000 
ftp://ftp.lightlink.com/pub/archive/lamont/jaz0.memo
Send mail to [email-masked] saying help

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homer Wilson Smith     The paths of lovers    Art Matrix - Lightlink
(607) 277-0959               cross in         Internet Access, Ithaca NY
[email-masked]     the line of duty.     http://www.lightlink.com