Subject: nots
From: Clearing Archive Roboposter <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 Aug 2000 00:13:36 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.clearing.technology

I'm not sure if I actually posted this before but I need to get
up to my 50% before thursday at 2.  Here is my rewrite of NOTs for any
who may be interested.  The formatting isn't so good as its pasted
from MS-word7 - I will mail anyone a word7 .doc on request or a copy
in .rtf or any WP format that word 7 wil export which is most.

     INTRODUCTION

     Advanced level 5 is a series of rundowns to handle what remains
of bts and clusters after AL3 and 4 and those who have been messed up
in earlier auditing.  On Advanced level 3 one handles those beings who
are in communication with one and who respond to incidents one and
two.  The majority of beings whom one is handling at this level are
below the level of life.  They no longer consider themselves to be
alive but are in very low states of awareness, unaware and asleep.
They require special handling to bring them into awareness and
communication.  They are sitting in basic misconceptions primarily
relating to beingness.  They think they are mest or body parts or
conditions or just about anything.  Many of these beings have been
mishandled in earlier auditing especially if the pc has been run on
dianetics after clear.  It is these that have to be handled first on
this rundown.  A bt is in a hypnotic state and will respond to what
the pc thinks thus easily present chains of engrams to be run or
whatever is asked for.  It is also very easy to skip from one case to
another leaving charge stirred up but unhandled.  They are in close
tactile communication with each other and the pc so tend to
cross-restimulate one another copying each other's restimulations and
pictures.  As the pc himself becomes more powerful these beings become
more and more subject to his intention and will mock up whatever case
phenomena he may decide he has.  The being who is clear no longer has
his own reactive mind or pictures but due to bt/cls can misown as he
sees their pictures and believes them to be his own.  As these bts are
woken up they will mock up mass which is caused by their being out of
valence.  They tend to do a sort of crush-in pull-back with a physical
tenseness to it as they are afraid from having been hit.  There is
also the basic fear that beings have of getting worse and they are
sure they will.  They are also afraid of becoming cells and molecules
and sure they will do that too.  They try to hide and pull back into
themselves which causes the pressure one feels from them.  There is
the phenomena of someone who is in the valence of a body with pictures
of earlier bodies on top entrenched with thetans who are stuck in past
times and locations so they can't be found until one looks into the
past and finds them.  They can be so thoroughly in the past that they
see later pictures as the future causing worry about the future,
visions and terror stomachs.  As one goes through the rundowns that
compose the level they will blow off faster and faster but one hits
points where it becomes difficult and heavier techniques are used to
handle then it lightens up and goes into a fast run again.  Such
points can be more difficult if the pc is insufficiently rested or
over-restimulated.  Bt/cls can still be handled with the procedures of
AL3 and may need to be in some cases.  One can still date/locate
clusters but it has to be done quite skillfully at this level as it is
easy for a date or location that is correct for one thetan or mass to
be misowned by another and act as a wrong indication with resultant
build-up of mass and pressure.  The main techniques of the level are
blowing by inspection and a valence handling which consists of asking
the bt/cl the question 'what are you' to get the valence he is in,
acknowledging his answer and then asking 'who are you' which gets him
out of the valence and generally blows him off at that point.
Continuing through the rundowns one's body becomes increasingly
looser, less tense and by the end is transparent to the pc's
perception and free of unwanted sensations, pains and pressures.

     THE DORMANT STATE OF BTS AND CLUSTERS

     The majority of bts and clusters that one is handling at this
level are in a state at or below death and way below unconsciousness.
They produce somatics and body conditions which is how one becomes
aware of them.  They are not up to communication until one puts
attention directly on them with telepathic intention.  They are stuck
on the track in past time and space hoping to be dead or non-existant.
Auditing dianetics on a clear can awaken them and cause heavy
somatics, when they start to mock up mass.  Advanced level 3
techniques would not normally touch them.  They are generally gotten
into when one takes up an unreading item.  They don't respond on the
meter.  This is the reason for not taking up unreading questions in
earlier auditing as those aspects of the case open up and come into
restimulation.  These beings would normally just go on into eternity
in a solid state unless disturbed.  They are not actually in the time
stream so finding them involves putting one's attention out of present
time whereupon they come into view.

     MISCONCEPTION

     On advanced level 5 one is basically handling misconceptions.
These are the basis of any difficulty and troubles a thetan can become
involved with.  A misconception is an error in thinking relating to
identity, time, place, form or event.  Of most importance here is a
misconception of identiy, where the being believes he is somebody or
something else.  This includes the idea that one being is many or many
beings are one- which is what holds clusters together.  There is an
early implant that lays in the idea that 'all is one' and 'one is
all'.  It is actually necessary to have two viewpoints in order to
have a somatic, as the production of energy involved necessitates a
secondary concept held apart from the primary one.  There can be
misconceptions of time and location regarding incidents which is what
makes date/locating work as one is ascertaining the time and location.
One can have a thetan apparently in one location who is actually
somewhere else mocking himself up.  The level therefore has the
intention of sorting out the entanglements and confusions of life and
identity.  Misownership is a misconception of authorship in that one
being thinks his creation was made by another or that another's is
attributable to himself.

     TELEPATHY AND AUDITING

     On this level, as earlier, one is handling beings telepathically
with intention.  There is a certain proximity factor to telepathy in
that it travels most easily along a physical path especially when
beings are closely packed together and tend to relay the
communication.  When one doesn't have the physical tactile line, one
can get telepathy by reaching.  One uses telepathy in auditing this
level with a "no-attitude".  These beings stick easily into emotions
especially rough treatment with anger or blame.  One should use an
attitudelessness without unfriendliness or friendliness while
maintaining the auditor's code and communication cycle fully.  One's
attention and intention in the comm cycle should be strictly limited
to the area one is handling at the time otherwise heavy restimulation
of other thetans can result.  If the pc has difficulty with this
limiting of attention then one can use TR8Q to handle it so that he
can project his intention well into the exact area required.  These
bt/cls handle easily with good directed intention, acknowledgements
and a generally good comm cycle with TRs in.

     REVIVIFICATION

     A being can be stuck in a past time and place to a point where he
is totally living in that past.  His whole perception and concept of
what is going on is from that location and he reacts to the current
environment as if it were that past,and as if the activities of that
time are still going on.  Bts who are in low levels of beingness are
dormant and stuck totally in past time and space.  One can have a
phenomena of thought disassociation in a pc where there is a stuck
viewpoint in the past which is a point he considers to be safe.
Processes such as 'where would you be safe' can put him into a full
reliving of the incident before he comes into present time.It is
different from returning to an incident in that the incident is more
real to the pc than what is going on in the environment.

     VALENCES

     A bt or cluster can go into the valence of just about anything
conceivable.  This can be objects that vary in size from molecules to
planets.  They can believe they are bodies or parts of bodies such as
arms, legs and brains.  In early track incidents, thetans were
persuaded to become the parts that compose the body and assume the
forms thereof.  They can feel that they are necessary to the existence
of the body and want to be helpful sometimes feeling that the body
could not exist without them which is not the case.  They in fact hold
one back.  Often they stick to a perimeter a few feet out from the
body.  They can actually be part of one another's pictures and get
quite a complex scenery built up.  They can go into the beingness of
other life forms.  Thetans can get into being insects without bodies.
Such collect together in swarms and become attached in multitudes to
other beings.  They can believe they are birds or animals and
similarly crowd and stick together with others.  Essentially they
become whatever they consider it is safe to be.  One can have apparent
'ghosts' around one wherein a thetan has assumed the beingness of
someone known to the pc complete with surroundings.  This total copy
of the appearance and characteristics of the person can give one the
feeling of being haunted.  One can move it down the track to before it
knew the person and that should blow it or it can be handled with the
other techniques of the level.  There are those who have criminal
beingnesses and can make a great show of being able to create bad
effects which they usually can't.  They handle with usual valence
technique and TRs.  A heavy R/Ser may need ev purp handling to blow
him off.  There are bt/cls who create ridges or shields which other
bts and clusters stick to.  One has to find the one who is creating it
and handle him then the others blow off quite easily.  One may have to
check behind, around and inside the ridge in order to locate these.
The ridge can appear white on the front and black behind.  There are
shell bts who surround the body.  This is a composite mass that thinks
it is holding the body together.  It is a highly electronic structure
and tends to stick in a lot of bts and clusters.  The pc can easily
think that its pictures are his own as they are much bigger than the
usual small pictures mocked up by bts.  One can also get smaller
shells around parts of the body on a lesser scale.  Sometimes a low
level bt will go into a kind of negative beingness in which he is
being the absence of something such as 'no head' or 'no understanding'
or a negative of anything.  They can be a no-feeling or no-emotion and
can cut off sensation feeling and perception.  They are stuck in
withdrawing from something or suppressing it from existence.  One can
come across the no-space of bts sticking together in a vacuum.  When
these beingnesses are located, they can flip back into the positive
aspect of the beingness before blowing.  In summary, one has to be
able to accept that a bt or cluster can go into the beingness of
anything but will probably be surprised even then at the things that
do turn up.

     VALENCE HANDLING

     Bts and clusters are out of valence.  They think they are all
manner of beings, objects and significances.  Once they handle this
basic misconception they blow off sometimes quite dramatically.  There
are six steps to the procedure all of which may not be needed in most
cases.  
 
     STEP ONE One starts by finding a bt/cl to handle by whatever
method one is currently using.  This could be one of the program
steps, rudiments or a repair list of some sort.  One then sorts out
what one is handling.  You want to know whether it is a bt or a
cluster or even several bts or clusters in which one would take them
up one at a time.  One would then get the pc to limit his attention
strictly to the area being handled.
 
     STEP TWO If the pc hasn't already given a location then one asks
for its location relative to the body.  This could be in, on or
outside the body and sometimes at quite a distance.  The correct area
should read on the meter.  These first two steps are not rote but are
done to the extent needed to limit the pc's attention to the area of
the bt/cl being handled.  One would not use them to slow down a fast
running pc when he is handling them too fast to get into answering all
these questions.  It may well blow on one of these first two steps
without going further as many do blow on inspection alone.

     STEP THREE Have the pc ask the bt/cl 'what are you'.  Normally
they will just answer up with the valence they are in.  Sometimes they
answer 'me' and then blow when acknowledged or straight away.  It is
possible that one already got the answer to this question on finding
their location as many are being locations in the body.  If they are
very inert they might not answer up at all.  One could get them into
comm by getting the pc to run hello/oks on them until they come into
communication.  One can jolt them a little earlier on the track and
they run through into pt and probably blow off.  They could also just
be a mass put there by a thetan in another location.  If its a ridge
one generally finds the thetan behind it so one would have the pc look
there.  Sometimes one gets the answer of a collective beingness such
as 'us' or 'the navy'.  This could well be a wrong item as it is not
the personal valence of the being.  One would have to get the valence
he is in.  
 
     STEP FOUR Have the pc acknowledge the answer.  This can often
cause a blow and is an essential step.  These beingnesses are often
quite bizarre and have never been acknowledged.  The bt/cl can come
off the valence and cognite he is not whatever he was.  One is
acknowledging what has been a compulsive beingness and the action
tends to lift the bt/cl out of it.  One would ack even if step three
BDs and the F/N should broaden.  One would not, however, pull the
thetan back to acknowledge him if he had already blown.  
 
     STEP FIVE Have the pc ask 'who are you'.  They cognite on being
themselves and blow.  Sometimes one gets a highly multiple blow.  If
they repeat the answer to the what question then have the pc ask 'what
were you before you became that'.  They should reply 'me' and blow or
one repeats the question until they cognite.  They could give a
significance such as a name in which instance the who question should
be repeated until they realize and blow.  One could get a criminal
type that goes into evil or threatening statements.  Persist with a
good ack and repeat the question 'who are you'.  They should go quiet
and blow with a cognition.  They may comm lag a few seconds on giving
an answer which is fine.  One shouldn't get impatient with them.  
 
     STEP SIX Usually they have blown by the previous step but if
there isn't a definite indication of this (BD F/N) then one would have
the pc acknowledge the 'me' answer.  This generally ensures that the
being blows.  Later on in the rundowns one is handling beings in worse
shape who might not blow immediately on the ack.  One would ack them
encouragingly and have them repeat the answer 'me' until they BD and
blow off.

     BLOWING THETANS BY TIME TRACK SHIFTING

     A bt stuck on the track is stuck in the time flow.  Time itself
has stuck as a flow and the being is stuck at that point in the past.
An effective way of blowing bts is to put an effort-postulate there to
move them a little earlier than the stuck point.  This jolts them
loose on the time track and they come up to present time and blow off.

     BLOWING BY INSPECTION

     On this level the easiest way to blow bt/cls is by inspection and
a large number can be blown of by this method alone.  The idea is not
to look at the pictures the bt is mocking up but to look at its mass,
shape, texture and so on.  If you see the picture, then shift your
perception onto the mass as the picture is just a misdirection.  Track
down where the being is who is putting the mass there as he can be in
a quite different location from the somatic he is creating.  One can
get these beings to blow off very quickly using this method and it is
the best to use when one can.

     THE THETAN HAND TECHNIQUE

     There is a method of blowing off heavy masses which can be
resorted to if nothing else will work.  One can mock up a hand and,
using it as an edge, pass it between the body and the mass to separate
it off.  There are often lines of attachment to the body which can be
strings, beams, lines or suction caps.  These have to be severed using
a suitable mock up.  If one uses a hand to throw off a mass then the
hand should be thrown off together with the mass to ensure that there
are no communication lines left to the body.  One can have a phenomena
of clusters stuck in layers together in a mass or in superimposed
ridges.  The thetan hand technique can be used to separate them apart
so that they can be addressed separately.In general, difficulty in
blowing off masses is caused by lack of sleep, vitamins or calcium.
It can also be made harder by carrying on a session too long and
over-restimulating the pc.

     COPYING

     Bts obsessively copy each other's pictures and the conditions
involved in each other's incidents.  They particularly copy stress.
Thus they can cross-copy and cross-restimulate causing heavy
over-restimulation of the pc.  These copies can give the impression
that thetans who have actually left are still there.  They can get
into copying of copies which is called cross-copying.  It adds to the
misownership and solidity considerably.  It can take 3 – 10 days to
destimulate from a restimulation that has involved a lot of this
cross-copying due to the time it takes for all the copies to fade out.
One should check the subject of copies when there isn't a clean blow
of a bt or cluster but shouldn't otherwise overdo it as this can cause
bt/cls to start copying when they previously had not been doing so.

     CHANGE

     A bt can hang up in the effort to prevent change from occuring
and become solid due to this.  It causes them not to respond to the
usual techniques of the level.  They will, however, respond to
directly addressing the subject of change.  One can do this by first
of all asking when they decided not to change and then asking what
began that.  This pulls off the decision and if it doesn't blow them
then they should now respond to the valence technique or inspection.

     ANALYTICAL ATTENUATION

     Bts and clusters can cause anaten in a number of ways.  A bt can
assume the beingness of a piece of anaten or he can be putting out
anaten which is just an unconscious like feeling.  There can be a
spreading of this wherein a being who is putting out anaten will bring
another up from below unconsciousness and that one will start exuding
anaten aswell and so on.  A bt previously dead will mock up mass upon
awakening.  He will feel threatened which causes compulsive creation.
This sudden mass can, if sitting on a nerve channel, cause a shut off
perception or feeling making the body go numb or imperceptive.

     PARTIALLY BLOWN BTS

     A bt can cause various phenomena when it does not blow fully.
Firstly it can give the apparency of exterior perception.  The pc has
a comm line to the being and gets the perception sometimes through a
chain of bts who relay it.  When the bt blows fully this perception
ceases.  It is thus usually of short duration.  The pc's own
perception is of a different nature as initially things look quite
flimsy and thin as he has previously relied on the body to act as an
amplifier for him.both of perception and of feeling.  One can meter
check for which it is.  The pc can handle the partially blown bt by
just extending out his intention and blowing it by inspection or
valence handling.  They can be hung up in an apparent barrier which
one can cut open for -them or push them through or they can still be
attached to the body via a cord, string or beam which one cuts.  The
partially blown bt can exert pressure on the body from a distance
causing somatics.  They can successively hang up at different points
and blow out further as they are handled at each point.

     OUT-INT

     A bt/cl can have difficulty in blowing off due to out-int.  They
get stuck in.  They can be handled by having them look at when they
went in or scan back through times they went in.  In a difficult case
one could have them recall times they went in.  Sometimes they feel
they can't go through the solidity of the body.  They couldn't get in
so they went on.  They can be similarly handled by having them scan or
recall times they went on or get on.  One may find cases that are
stuck in both 'went on' and 'went in' and need handling on both.
'Can't go in' produces blows because they stuck on after they couldn't
get in.  Sometimes a bt is in the valence of someone or something that
couldn't get out which is a safe valence for that bt.  One handles by
asking or if necessary listing 'what couldn't get out'.  One should
get a blow on the correct answer.  One could also ask them to point
which way was in and that can produce a blow.  If there is a lot of
trouble with int then one could go into a full handling with the
recalls of the end of endless int R/D.

     MEMORY

     There are various factors of the AL5 case responsible for memory
trouble.  Basically a thetan mocks up when he feels a threat of
unmock.  Periods of the track without any environment or universe
would emphasize this.  The thetan may feel that he cannot recall
without pictures which is not the case.  One puts remembering on
automatic and loses the ability so gets stuck with using them.  A
thetan who is clear but lodged in with others picks up their pictures
– he thinks of a past event and, being hypnotic, the bts provide their
version of the occurences subject to their confusions.  The consequent
misownership of experience destroys memory.  Using pictures takes
one's identity away so one is more 1ikely to become part of a cluster
using a wrong beingness.  Pictures allow a being to act totally on
automaticity – there is no need to think as the pictures dictate the
actions.  The pc can remember but when he thinks then the bt/cls react
with pictures so he looks and gets into misownership.

     USE OF TECHNIQUES FROM ADVANCED LEVEL 3

     There are times when you will need to use the D/L techniques of
AL3 and AL4.  One can have a cluster or cumulative cluster that is
quite inert.  It loosens up on hello/ok but won't handle on valence
technique.  It just doesn't respond.  You do an assessment for type of
incident as per AL4.  This may in itself blow the cluster apart.  If
it doesn't then one dates to blow and locates to blow when it became a
cluster.  One is looking here for the most recent cluster making
incident.  If it is a cumulative cluster then one goes down the chain
of earlier mutual incidents handling each by finding the type if
incident and D/L each to 2 blows.  One would then handle any
individuals remaining with the valence technique or running incidents
2 and 1 if necessary.  Then you check for and handle any copies.  D/L
is fairly risky as one can get the correct date for one mass acting as
a wrong date or location for another.  One should therefore check for
this after doing any D/L on AL5.  It results in a build up of mass and
pressure.  You can get false dates given in an implant.  They don't
read as well as correct dates.  You can just check for it on the meter
if it seerns likely.  One should notice the difference between a
recent mutual incident which isn't a cluster making incident but could
be quite highly charged due to cross-restimulation and the actual
engrams that make clusters.  Handling the former won't usually blow
off much in the way of bt/cls.

     STUCK FLOWS

     What sits underneath the clustering of beings is the stuck flow.
A thetan can do anything forever but gets the idea that a flow should
be impeded or stopped.  This misconception that he can't do things on
a continuing basis sets in and flows get stuck.  A stuck flow is a
flow that, in the estimation of the being, has gone on too long.  It
jams up after it has gone on for a while.  Then it can snap back
compulsively in the other direction.  Out-int is basically a stuck
flow.  A thetan gets in and keeps going out.  He gets tired of going
out and it sticks as a flow then snaps back and he stays in.  Various
misconceptions can cornpound it.  Being in or out is itself a false
concept for a static.  One can identify with pictures and have a
picture from outside when in so think one is out or vice-versa.
Bt/cls are in a hypnotic condition which is a stuck flow.  They are
totally other-determined.  Some sort of sudden flow such as an
explosion or shock sticks them into a hypnotic state and they stay
that way until audited.  One could wake them up by asking 'how do you
wake up' and then doing what they say or counting 4,3,2,1 and then
snapping fingers which are methods from hypnosis.  So, to become a
cluster, they have to be predisposed by having a stuck flow.  An
impact or heavy incident can then stick the being to others and they
go into each others pictures and stuck flows.  A ridge is basically
flows in opposition so one has an outflow vs.  inflow forming mass.
Early on in the rundown thetans with out-int blow with recalls or
looking at when they went in but later on one is dealing with heavier
cases who need to be run directly on stuck flows to be handled.  Flows
can often be unstuck by reversing them as in the time-shift method of
blowing bt/cls but these heavy stuck flows are best addressed on the
flow assessment step.  This takes up recalls of stuck inflow, outflow
and no-flow on quad flows and pulls out these heavy masses.  One has
to take up no-flow as this is what a lot of them are stuck in.

     THE EFFECTS OF DIANETICS ON A CLEAR

     A clear no longer has his own reactive mind and in trying to run
engrams will stir up bt/cls.  There comes about a misownership of the
pictures restimulated as he can believe them to be his own.  The'
bt/cls also obsessively copy each other's pictures.  There is also the
factor of misidentification where the pc believes he is one of his bts
or they think they are each other.  The result can be a very heavy
mass which impinges upon the body and can cause illness or worse.
These bt/cls can be quite tightly packed together in dense masses as
their anchor points are caved in.  This can be very distorting to the
body pushing it out of shape and producing quite some discomfort.  One
must therefore avoid any running of engrams on a clear or above and
once a person is clear they should be gotten up onto the higher levels
rapidly and onto solo AL7.

     PHENOMENA ENCOUNTERED GOING THROUGH THE LEVEL

     During the level one goes through a cyclic phenomena of having to
dig up some heavy cases or ones that are holding others in place and
then getting a lot of easy blows often just by inspection.  As one
continues there are generally less and less bt/cls around and the pc's
attention goes out more onto the environment.  He can get to the point
where he is so little involved with the body that one has to turn up
the sensitivity high to get reads on bt/cls at all as the needle
floats much of the time and tends to be very loose.  Early on one
encounters the pc getting exterior perceptics via a bt/cl as it blows
but when he actually gets in comm with the environment his own
perception is quite different.  He should experience less and less
restim at the end of session as the level continues.  The body becomes
lighter and less tense eventually becoming transparent to his
perception.  He perceives the body and surroundings quite thinly at
first and could invalidate his ability to perceive because of this.
As more room is available in the body clusters tend to swell out
occupying more space and becoming less dense.  One should notice a
decrease in TA action on blowing bt/cls as one goes through the steps.
At the beginning it can feel as if one will be forever at it blowing
bts and clusters and it can seem that one is pulling in more and more
as one goes through.  There should be a realization at some point that
this is not the case and that one won't get worse and that it can all
be handled eventually.  He will further on with the rundowns be able
to blow bt/cls off others' bodies at a distance.  If his attention is
attracted to something or someone one can check for a bt/cl in that
area and handle.  He will, as a being, become more and more powerful
as the number of thetans stuck in with him becomes less and less.
Needle behaviour will change as one carries on due to the lessening of
the electrical inertia of the body.  Needle reads will get faster and
BDs will be more rapid (but not bigger).  The falls can be up to 3
times as fast later on in the steps.  TA motion would generally not be
over 1 – 2 divs a session on this level.  After a big blow the pc can
go into autorunning which is just a contiuous rapid blowing.  One
would get a continuous falling which can go into a TA float.

     PRINCIPLES RELATING TO SESSIONS

     This level should be delivered without interruption by any other
level or auditing action.  The only exceptions would be minor assists
to handle injury or illness such as a touch assist or contact assist.
One would generally start session with 2wc to F/N or ruds to F/N.
Rudiments should be limited to what is needed to get on with the
session.  A high TA at start of session should result in a check for
restimulated and incomplete bt/cls possibly for out-int.  The pc
should be taking 500mg gram of vitamin Bl a day and ensuring that he
has sufficient calcium.  Lack of Bl can cause trouble blowing bts as
they stick to the bone structure and restimulate more easily.  Dreams
and nightmares can also result from such deficiency.  Sessions should
be fairly short as restimulation builds up due to cross-restimulation
and copying.  This needs to be given a chance to die down between
sessions otherwise the pc can have difficulty blowing bt/cls off.  The
usual session EP would be a TA float.  One can judge the point to end
off.  The TA will often rise for a while during the session then at
some point blow down to a lower range again.  Carrying on past that
point would not be optimum.  If one does bypass the session EP and get
over-restim then check cross-restimulation and indicate if reading.
That should pull the TA back down and ease off the pressure.  One
should be careful to fully handle each location or aspect of charge
before going on to the next and not jump from one to another without
completing the first.  If a pc is to be left without auditing for a
while then this should be at the end of one of the program steps or
after a major win.  It is better to continue to completion once
stazted.  One should not run any type of havingness during this level
as bts are stuck in a can't have or must have and would beef up on
doing so.  It is a good idea for the pc not to watch television during
the rundowns as bt/cls copy the pictures stirring up charge.

     AUDITOR FUNCTION

     On advanced level 5 the auditor should be letting the pc handle
bt/cls until he runs into difficulty and then stepping in.  He should
not be disturbing the pc with needless BD indications or questions as
to whether it blew or not.  He should recognize the blow when it
occurs from the meter and indicators.  Asking 'blown' can cause a bt
to go out of sight and invalidate the blow.  Later on in the rundowns
blows are too frequent to be able to indicate all the BDs and the
needle is floating a lot of the time anyway.  He should be using the
meter to steer the pc and indicate reading items.  The pc shouldn't be
left looking for answers to unreading questions.  The auditor's
interest should be in keeping the pc blowing off bt/cls and getting
involved only as needed.  The pc who is advanced well into the steps
will be doing most of the auditing himself.

     HANDLING THE METER

     One has to be quite expert at handling the meter in auditing this
level especially when a pc is well advanced into the rundowns.  At
this time the needle can be very loose and bts do not read as well as
the pcs attention tends to be on the body less.  This means that the
sensitivity has to be set high to get reads.  In order to cope with
this a different way of controlling the meter is used.  One operates
the TA with the index and second fingers and the sensitivity with the
thumb.  One can then set the sensitivity up at the point when one
checks for a read.  This should be drilled with E-meter drill 11 until
one has got it down.

     ENDING SESSION

     On this level one should thoroughly end a session as one is
dealing with rnore than just one case.  One may have to repeat with
tone 40 intention 'end of session' several times in order to fully end
session for all involved.  Some bts will come up for handling right at
the end on S/A.  One should go ahead and handle these.  One can finish
session by getting the pc to put the intention 'come up to present
time' into his space.  This will be found to alleviate the session
restimulation.  Then you end the session thoroughly.

     END PHENOMENA

     The EP of the level is reached when the body is transparent to
the pc's perception and he has an area free of bts and clusters around
and including the body.  It should extend out some distance.  He will
feel very much alive and himself.  He will still have a perception of
the difficulties of those around him.

     REPAIR OF PAST AUDITING

     There are many ways in which bt/cls have been messed up in
earlier auditing.  These get in the way of handling the remainder of
the case on this level.  One handles repair of earlier auditing in
several steps of the program but may nevertheless come across other
bt/cls who need their past auditing errors repaired in later steps.
One first of all has to handle any bt/cl with out-int.  If there is a
lot of trouble with int then one can do an End of endless int R/D
using the recall steps only.  Past auditing that was in any way rough
would tend to have stirred up bts and clusters.  Trying to run
uncharged items stirs up beings who would otherwise have remained
dormant.  Wrong indications by mismetering can hang up bt/cls in an
evaluated misconception.  Dating and locating can result in wrong
dates and locations being given to other bt/cls.  Occasionally one
gets a bad session that acts as a cluster making incident.  Such
should be taken apart by finding and correcting the auditing errors in
the session.  A stuck picture is handled by finding the error in
running and indicating it then getting whose picture it is and
handling them and any copies.  If one corrects something on one bt/cl
this can act as a wrong item or indication for others.  This should
regularly be checked for especially in the case of bad indicators
being present.  Past L&Ns can have given wrong items or left bt/cls
without items as the original question could have been charged for
several beings and only listed on one.  On these steps involving past
auditing repair one is likely to encounter out-int, shells, dormant
bt/cls, misownership, valences, bt/cls stuck on the track and those
with intentions contrary to auditing.  When a particular step goes
into a series of blows with a TA float and a good win then that is
taken as the EP for that whole step.  The idea is that auditing is
late on the track and just needs to be gotten out of the way
sufficiently that earliez charge can be accessed on the case.  One
should be wary of overdoing a correction as this tends to uncorrect
others who were ok to start with.  The pc being run on these steps
should have realizations that the pictures around him actually belong
to bt/cls, should get relief of bpc and somatics and will quite
probably come to a realization that his 'bt/cl' case is not going to
get worse but is handleable.

     HANDLING OF REPAIR LISTS AND ASSESSED CHARGE

     When one is handling a repair list or some other kind of
assessment on this level or, in fact, at level 3 or above it is quite
possible that some of the lines or charge is restimulated for more
than one being.  It is therefore necessary to handle assessments
method 3 F/Ning every read as it occurs.  Then, when it has been
handled, it is re-checked to see if there is another with similar
charge and if so then that is handled.  One continues handling that
line or question until it no longer reads.  This would apply to any
charge taken up on a pc at advanced level 3 or above including
rudirnents, FDSing or any type of assessment.  Omitting to do so can
leave the pc with unhandled bpc.  One would continue the handling of a
repair list only until the situation needing repair was handled as
over-repair can stir up things that weren't in restim in the first
place.

     REPAIR OF PAST AUDITING – FES AND FFT REQUIREMENTS

     When the pc folders of the pc on advanced level 5 are available
then repair of past auditing can be done with the aid of a full FES
and FFT of earlier actions.  As one would be doing part of the repair
by assessing auditor's names and handling the actions done by that
auditor the FFT should have the auditor's name written in as well as
the columns giving the items and flows run with the date.

     LISTING OF THE VALENCE HANDLING

     When a pc is well advanced into the rundowns he will have blown
off most of the cases that are easier to handle.  At this time he will
come across more and more beings who will not give a correct answer on
first being asked the what question.  The correct answer should read
and BD on giving it or upon acknowledgement.  When this wrong item
phenomena begins to occur one should indoctrinate the pc into the
following procedure and use it from then on as necessary.  One should
ensure that this technique is not started prernaturely as LSN does
have the liabilities of wrong items and out-lists.  If the pc is not
well up in awareness he can end up giving the items to other bt/cls
and stirring them up or even just giving the item to a totally
different thetan and not the first at all.  Such could result in a
heavy bpc reaction.  PROCEDURE The auditor has the pc ask the question
'what are you'.  Often the first item given is the correct item.  If
it is then it should read well (not just a small fall).  It would BD
on giving it or when it is acknowledged.  If the first item doesn't so
read then one ensures that the pc keeps his attention on the same spot
and lists to the first fall or larger read using the question 'from
the same spot is there another answer' then prompting for more answers
until the reading item is given.  One then indicates the item saying
'(item given) is the item' and has the pc ack the answer as per
earlier procedure.  One often gets a 6 to 10 item list with no or
small reads until the correct item is found.  In using this procedure
one should be quite alert for bad indicators as an out-list situation
can recoil on the body.  The bt/cls one is dealing with are quite
prone to suggestion and will tend to copy items from one another.  A
sharp worsening of a case on this procedure is an indication that such
a situation has probably come about.  Basically every bt in the body
is sitting in a wrong item already as the only really correct answer
to the what question is 'me'.  If you checked a correct item found for
the what question asking 'incorrect item' it would read on that as the
real item is 'me'.  When an out-list situation occurs it is possible
that the item is actually the location given when one asked for the
position in relation to the body if it was a body part or could be
taken as a beingness.  If one gets into repairing errors by asking
'wrong item' or 'out list' then one would recheck such a question and
continue handling until it no longer read.  This is because if you
have one bt/cl with a wrong item then its quite probable that there
are more to be handled.  One shouldn't, however, overwork the
correction as one could stir up more that were ok in the first place.
If the situation doesn't handle with those two questions then one can
use the correction lists from issues of 23 Sept 68 or 29 Sept 68 as
these are shorter and contain the probable errors.  The L4BRA could be
resorted to if those don't handle.
 
     STEPS OF THE LEVEL

 1. Indoctrination of the pc 
	 2. Perception handling 
	 3. Date/locate of clear 
	 4. Handling misowned pictures 
	 5. Clear bts 
	 6. Bts gone exterior 
	 7. bts audited past erasure 
	 8. Bts over-run and copies 
	 9. Bts run on uncharged items 
	10. Messed up dianetic chains 
	11. Messed up dating and locating 
	12. Past auditing repair by auditor's name 
	13. LDN III 
	14. Repair of errors from advanced level 3 
	15. PTS handling 
	16. R/S and ev purp handling 
	17. Masses mistaken for the body 
	18. Bt/cls being body parts 
	19. Bt/cls on or around the body 
	20. Generally blowing off bt/cls 
	21. Remnant ridges and partially blowns 
	22. Assessment of flows 
	23. Generally addressing the body 
	24. Chronic somatic handling 
	25. Masses that kick in on looking at the body 
	26. Perimeter masses 
	27. Misunderstoods on bt/cls 
	28. Clearing masses from the body 
	29. Verification of EP and check for incomplete steps if not attained 

     Note that this is not a rote handling but should be carried out
in accordance with what the particular pc needs and has attention on.
Each of the steps is the subject of a separate issue.

     PC INDOCTRINATION STEP

     The pc, as the first step in the program, should be thoroughly
made conversant with the principles of level 5.  This should cover the
theory of the level including all the issues on valences and methods
of blowing bt/cls.

     PERCEPTION HANDLING STEP

     A pc's perception will tend to hang up on bts and clusters as
they are close to his wavelength.  One has to handle an inability to
perceive mental masses before one can proceed with the other steps.
The pc is in the position of misowning the pictures of bt/cls and of
mistaking them for the body itself.

     PROCEDURE

     Ask the pc to close his eyes and ask if he can perceive through
the head and body.  If he can then do not go on with this step further
but continue into the next one.  Ask what he is looking at, what
exactly he sees and then blow it by whatever procedure is necessary.
This would be continued until the pc could perceive masses in the
body, bt/cls and their pictures.

     DATE/LOCATE OF CLEAR STEP

     If the pc has been audited on dianetics after clear then one
would D/L the point when he went clear (if not already done).  One
would check whether that date acted as a wrong date for others and if
that location acted as a wrong location for others.  Then check if
being clear was a wrong indication for any bt-or cluster and handle to
blow.

     HANDLING MISOWNED PICTURES STEP

     A clear has no pictures of his own but due to the presence of
bt/cls can misown their pictures and build up charge.  This is cleared
up by asking the pc 'have you misowned any bt's or cluster's pictures
as your own'.  Clear this up to BD if necessary handling the bt/cls
whose pictures were misowned.  When it is handled then check if
misowning bts or clusters pictures acted as a wrong item for others
and handle.

     CLEAR BTS STEP

     As well as the charge of the pc himself being audited on
dianetics after clear there are bts who went clear during auditing at
various times.  These also need to be cleaned up.  Ask 'is there a bt
who was audited on dianetics after clear'.  Indicate reading bpc then
ask if they misowned others pictures and clear that up.  Check for
invalidation of clear and get off the charge.  If the bt hasn't blown
then handle to blow.  Then clean up any copies.  Finally check for and
handle any bt/cls for whom 'audited on dianetics after clear' acted as
a wrong item

     BTS GONE EXTERIOR STEP

     Check for and handle any bt/cls who went exterior in auditing.
Such could well need int handling.  Then check for bt/cls audited
after ext and handle.  Similarly take up any bt/cls prevented from
blowing after going exterior.  After each of the above check if it
acted as a wrong item for others.  Check for copies after handling
each bt/cl.

     BTS AUDITED PAST ERASURE STEP

     When an incident has been run past erasure it can result in bts
mocking it up again to run it.  Ask for bt/cls audited past erasure
and clean these up.  Check for and handle any copies and if audited
past ext acted as a wrong indication for others.

     BTS OVER-RUN STEP

     Check for bt/cls over-run in auditing and handle these checking
for copies.  Then check if this was a wrong item for others and handle
if so.

     BTS RUN ON UNCHARGED ITEMS STEP

     Bt/cls will gladly manufacture items to run which had no charge
on them in the first place.  There then exists a misconception about
the item and it will persist as it contains a lie.  Ask for bt/cls run
on uncharged items and handle.  Take up any copies or wrong
indications.

     MESSED UP DIANETIC CHAINS STEP

     Ask for any messed up dianetic chains.  On each one as given do
an L3RG method 3.  When you get a reading line find the bt/cl that
read on it and handle him and any copies.  One may need to handle that
specific bt/cl with an L3RG to get off all his charge on the dianetics
before he can be blown off.  Continue checking that line until it no
longer reads.  Handle each chain by going through the L3RG until it is
handled.  One may need to go through the list seve'ral times for a
chain to get all the charge off.  Sometimes a bt/cl has the incident
on a wrong flow and has tried to handle an overt as a motivator or
vice-versa.  As each line is handled check for wrong indications for
others.

     MESSED UP DATING AND LOCATING STEP

     Check for and handle each of the following checking afterwards
for copies and wrong indications
 
	A bt/cl given a wrong date 
	A bt/cl given a wrong location 
	A bt/cl given a partial date 
	A bt/cl given a partial location 
	A bt/cl given someone else's date 
	A bt/cl given someone else's location 
	A bt/cl given an implanted date 

	PAST AUDITING REPAIR BY AUDITOR'S NAME STEP 

     On this step check for interest before going into it.  If the pc
isn't interested then leave it.  Make up a list of all past auditors
and include solo and self auditing.  Assess the list for reads.  If
past folders are available then the list would be made from them.
Otherwise ask the pc but be aware of the possibility of occluded
auditing that may come into view later.  One would, again if folders
are available, use a FFT which included all past R3R actions.  L&N and
dianetic lists should also be available.  Take a list of auditors that
you have assessed and by largest read handle their auditing as follows

	1. Taking items from the FFT chronologically check if the item reads.
Only proceed with it if it does. 
	2. Ask what error was made using an L3RG if the pc can't get it. 
	3. Indicate reading bpc 
	4. Find and handle bt/cls who have that charge (they may have blown) 
	5. Handle any copies. 
	6. Re-check the item for read and repeat 2 – 5 until not reading. 
	7. Continue through and handle each reading item from the FFT. 	Continue
handling each auditor in order of reads. The action could 	well EP before
getting through the list of auditors. 	If pc folders are not available each
auditor and ask for errors in 	their auditing handling each with 2 – 6
above.rechecking the auditor 	for a read and taking up further items if
reading. 	This latter method does have the advantage of not digging into
unreading material at all and could be a better method to use 	even when
folders are to hand. 

     LDN III STEP

     Assess method 3 and handle an LDN III as per the issue on
handling repair lists.  After this is done or during the action if it
seems likely one can check if doing the LDN acted as a wrong
indication for others.

     REPAIR OF ADVANCED LEVEL 3 ERRORS STEP

     Various errors can be made on AL3 that do not get picked up at
the time.  Bt/cls messed up on 3 often partially blow to a perimeter 6
– 10 feet out from the body and hang up there.  Check for 'bt or
cluster messed up on AL3' on the meter.  Locate the bt/cl in relation
to the body.  Ask what error was made or if not easily found then
assess the AL3 repair assessment, indicating the first reading item.
If it doesn't blow right away then handle using AL3 procedure
continuing to assess for errors on that bt/cl if necessary.  Continue
handling bt/cls in similar fashion until the original question no
longer reads.  One would check suppress and inval if it doesn't BD.
One can use AL5 valence or other techniques to blow the bt/cl if it
doesn't handle easily with AL3 procedure.

     ADVANCED LEVEL 3 REPAIR ASSESSMENT
 
 l. Earlier inc 1 
	 2. Earlier universe 
	 3. Earlier inc 1 suppressed 
	 4. Earlier inc 1 invalidated 
	 5. Earlier universe suppressed 
	 6. Earlier universe invalidated 
	 7. No inc 1 but ran another's 
	 8. No inc 2 but ran another's 
	 9. Being an inc 1 
	10. Being an inc 2 
	11. Being a picture 
	12. Misowned engrams 
	13. Clear 
	14. Mocked up an incident to run it 
	15. On earlier similar ran someone else's 
	16. Misownership of incident 
	17. Misconception about time 
	18. Couldn't find inc 1 so mocked it up 
	19. Imaginary incident 
	20. Disturbed while running an incident 
	21. Incomplete erasure 
	22. Unrun inc 1 in restim 
	23. Unrun inc 2 in restim 
	24. Jumped to another bt/cl 
	25. Unflat incident 
	26. Bt thinks he's a cluster 
	27. Cluster thinks he's a bt 
	28. Partially blown 
	29. Stuck in a ridge 
	30. Stuck in a body part 
	31. Stuck in an unhandled bt or cluster 
	32. Out-int 
	33. Wrong item 
	34. Out list 
	35. Wrong indication 
	36. Mishandled cumulative cluster 
	37. Some other case trouble 

     PTS HANDLING STEP

     The method of handling a bt/cl who is PTS is to ask 'who or what
are you PTS to'.  One should get an answer which is correct for some
members of the cluster and those should blow off.  One then indicates
to the remainder that it was a wrong item for them.  The remainder of
the cluster should then respond to the usual handlings.  One can have
'genetic bts' who are convinced they are part of a genetic line.  They
pass down from parents, grandparents and so on.  Bt/cls can go into
restim on coming across someone they were PTS to in an earlier
lifetime.  Sickness is usually some form of PTSness but it can be a bt
or cluster that is PTS and impinging upon the body.  There can be
bt/cls in remote points attached to persons the pc is being PTS to.
If the pc's attention is stuck on them they can be audited and this
should produce a change in the other person as the bt/cl holding the
situation in place has gone.  On this step one checks for bt/cls who
are PTS and handles as above.  If the pc has a PTS situation that does
not resolve on the above then a handling would be programmed based on
the tech of PTS handling and the issues of this level.

     R/S AND EV PURP HANDLING STEP

     The basic handling of R/Sing statements culled from folders is to
orient the pc to the session and statement then locate the bt/cl with
the charge and handle him to blow.  An R/S means a heavy ev purp in
the area of the R/S.  This R/S should turn back on when one gets the
location of the bt/cl.- They can be cumulative clusters that need D/L
EMI handling and the R/S may not come off until basic is gotten.  The
ev purp may well be mentioned in the handling or the bt/cl might get
into a situation of listing it in which case one would complete the
list.  One may need to list for the ev purp in order to blow the
bt/cl.  One could use the question 'what evil purpose do you have' and
list to BD F/N item.  A quite likely situation is that there is one bt
in a cluster who is psychotic and restimulates all the others.  It
could also be that the cluster is held together by some mutual evil
intention received in an engram or implant.  While the above handlings
can be used if the folders are available and there are relevant R/Ses
noted therein this may not often be the case.  In order to fully
handle the areas of ev purps and R/Ses on the case the C/S should be
very familiar with the technology of expanded dianetics and a program
worked out to handle this aspect of the case for the particular pc

     MASSES MISTAKEN FOR THE BODY STEP

     A thetan running a body has made a primary mistake in believing
that the mass, opaqueness and sensation he perceives is that of the
body when it is actually coming from bts and clusters.  One has the pc
spot masses that are not the body.  He then blows them by the valence
technique or preferably by inspection.  The actual situation is that
bt/cls stick to each other rather than the body.  When a person thinks
he has finished AL3 he has mistaken bt/cls for the mass of the body.
In actual fact the whole solidity he experiences is from a false body
of cohesed bts and clusters.  When these are cleared up the body is
transparent to the pc.  Bt/cls go into the valence of body parts then
others stick to them and misown the misconceptions.  They build up
into a false body which can assume the shape of the physical body
itself.  The pc's perception has to come up to the point of being able
to see and differentiate this mass from the body.  It is built up of
layers upon layers of beings and has to be handled layer by layer or
section by section rather all at once.  Sections can be separated
apart using the thetan hand technique.  Looking at the masses
internally rather than just at the outside tends to dissipate them.
During this step one would encounter pictures stuck to the body and
superimposed, beings who went on, a central core of the body that
others have stuck to, those being a body or body part and others who
need to have overts cleared up of making clusters and false bodies.
The pc on this step will probably need to be taught to look for the
actual mass of the being rather than the pictures it puts up.  He
should experience lessening of body mass, realizations that the mass
is not the body and the body itself becoming less tense and rigid as
well as other cognitions on points in this issue.

     BT/CLS BEING BODY PARTS STEP

     On this step one has the pc look at the parts of the body and
examine any solidity thereof.  He should then blow it by inspection or
valence handling.  The auditor could call of body parts and check them
for read taking up any that do so.  One will find bt/cls being the
various parts of the body and some regard themselves as indispensable.
They can be in the beingness of deformed or broken body parts as well
as negative items such as 'no head'.  One can come across all the
phenomena mentioned in the various issues of this level.  The pc's
attention should extrovert onto the environment on this step and
masses will start blowing off more quickly.

     BT/CLS ON OR AROUND THE BODY STEP

     The auditor has the pc look for masses around the body.  They
could be right up close or at quite a distance.  The pc's attention
may also go onto bt/cls on others' bodies and these can be picked off.
His ability to handle them at a distance should have increased by this
step.  He will probably come across attention going onto remote points
such as implant stations where there are bt/cls hung up.  He may come
across hypnotized or sleeping beings as well as those who are hiding,
invisible or secretive.  The body should be getting its space
stabilized on this step as bt/cls who are causing distortions blow
off.  It should be under better control and loosening up a lot.

     GENERALLY BLOWING OFF BT/CLS STEP

     This step is one of just finding anything in the way of masses
that the pc can perceive and blowing them off.  One is aiming at
pulling available charge off the case.  The phenomena of finding some
that are hard to blow then a lot of easy ones is likely to be
encountered.

     REMNANT RIDGES AND PARTIALLY BLOWNS STEP

     Bts and clusters tend to stick into each others' creations.  One
thetan mocks up a ridge of some sort and others get trapped in it.
One should handle the being that mocked it up then any others who are
still there and keeping it in existence.  These latter beings
generally blow off by inspection.  They just have very low havingness
and obsessively mock up anything familiar.  The auditor has the pc
look for any ridges or the remains of ridges and masses and handle
these as above.  One would come across bt/cls being parts of each
others pictures, some hard to blow solid bt/cls, out-int, stuck flows
and those being ridges or stuck in, behind or around ridges.  There is
a situation one can have of 2 bts pushing against each other forming a
ridge.  Both have to be handled to blow it.  This step should clear up
a lot of body distortions and leave the pc feeling quite well.

     ASSESSMENT OF FLOWS STEP

     This step is designed to pull off the heavy clusters who have
stuck flows.  These are the tougher ones with very heavy out-int.
Clear the quad flows, inflow, outflow and no-flow then the flows on
the assessment sheet.  Have the pc read the lines with attention
directed onto a sraall part of the body and note the reads.  If you
get a BD F/N on assessment then indicate it and don't run the recall
step as it has already blown.  Take the largest reading item and run
'recall (assessment item)' on that location to a BD F/N.  Continue
until that section of the body is handled then move to another.
Ensuring that the pc limits his attention to small areas will prevent
over-restimulation.  One continues as above handling the whole body
until you have an F/Ning assessment at high sensitivity.  As one
continues with the step the sensitivity will have to be set higher and
higher to get reads.  Any smallest change of charactistic would be
taken up.

	FLOWS ASSESSMENT 

	Flow 0 Inflow 
	Flow 0 Outflow 
	Flow 1 Inflow 
	Flow 1 Outflow 
	Flow 2 Inflow 
	Flow 2 Outflow 
	Flow 3 Inflow 
	Flow 3 Outflow 
	No flow on flow 0 
	No flow on flow 1 
	No flow on flow 2 
	No flow on flow 3 

     GENERALLY ADDRESSING THE BODY STEP

     On this step one is generally addressing areas of somatics and
the body as a whole with all the techniques available.  At this point
in the program one should encounter some new phenomena such as
transferred bt/cls from others who have physical conditions,
identityless bts, those who are stuck in drugs used in part -of the
body,and some who compulsively refuse to mock up pictures.  The pc's
own exterior perceptics should be increasing by now and he rnay well
find parts of the body that for the first time have nothing in them.
He could also cognite on mocking up pictures due to loss of memory.

     CHRONIC SOMATIC HANDLING STEP

     A chronic somatic still in place indicates that there are missed
bt/cls.  The various earlier steps of the program may not have been
fully taken up in that area.  There are quite a few ways in which they
can be missed.  To handle a chronic somatic the auditor should go
through the checklist for the step on that somatic and handle until
the area is resolved.  There are bt/cls who are hidirig or in secrecy.
There can be small dense masses that expand to a huge size before
blowing.  Clusters can be distorting the body or causing damage to it.
There can be totally inert masses who are dead or being mest and
molecules.  Essentially in takes more than one bt to create a somatic
and the heavier somatics are a couple of clusters in opposition.  It
takes 2 terminals to create energy in an aberrated fashion.  One could
have a somatic by postulate but that is a higher level.  A somatic
could be held in place because of earlier auditing errors or errors on
this level.  Somatics that appear on the steps would be errors of some
sort such as wrong items or indications.  One can come across the
phenomena of an 'aura' which is actually a very electronic grouping of
bt/cls.  Some of them are putting it there and the rest get stuck.
There can be a mock-up of a body complete with bt/cls all in a
super-compressed state.  There are bt/cls being body conditions such
as 'tiredness'.  There can be sceneries with various bts being parts
of the scene.  Negative beingness is a principal factor in somatics
where a bt/cl is being the negative of something such as 'no brain' or
'no feeling'.  One of these holds its opposite in place and causes a
persistant somatic.  CHECKLIST FOR THE CHRONIC SOMATIC HANDLING STEP

	 1. Cluster in one location mocking up mas in another. 
	 2. Mass mistaken for the body itself. 
	 3. Hiding. 
	 4. Secretive.
	 5. Invisible. 
	 6. Withdrawn. 
	 7. Bt/cl holding others in. 
	 8. Very small dense mass. 
	 9. Cluster causing damage. 
	10. Cluster being a damaged body part. 
	11. Refusing to make pictures. 
	12. Obsessive mock-ups. 
	13. Inert masses. 
	14. Dead. 
	15. Being mest. 
	16. Being molecules. 
	17. An aura. 
	18. Super condensed body. 
	19. Inside a ridge. 
	20. Behind a ridge. 
	21. Beyond a ridge. 
	22. Being a body condition. 
	23. Stuck in another's picture. 
	24. Negative beingness. 
	25. Two clusters in opposition. 
	26. Two bts in opposition. 
	27. Bt opposed to a cluster. 
	28. Masses of bts and clusters in opposition. 
	29. Bt/cl held between opposing masses. 
	30. Errors in earlier auditing. 
	31. Errors in advanced level 5. 
	32. Missed an earlier step. 

     MASSES THAT KICK IN ON LOOKING INTO THE BODY STEP

     Have the pc look into each part of the body in turn.  One handles
masses that kick in as he tries to do this until he can cleanly look
toward and into any part of the body.  Each area should become
transparent and cease to impede either his perception or control.  One
could find these masses out at quite a distance and heavy ones that
need to be split off with the thetan hand technique.  One can find
bt/cls with false conditions that thought, for instance, that they had
out-int when they didn't but had misconceptions or were just copying
others' conditions.

     PERIMETER MASSES STEP

     When the pc has been on the level for quite a while his ability
to handle beings at a distance has increased but he may still be
limiting his attention to the body.  There are usually a number of bts
and clusters further out on various perimeters who put mass on the
body and distort it.  To find these one doesn't want to get into their
wavelength but to put attention onto the outer perimeter whereupon
they try to pull attention back in and are noticeable.  They are
trying to get attention but can't.  One rapud way of blowing this type
of thetan is to have them recall when they first wanted attention.
They blow on spotting it.  They get attention by creating somatics and
pictures.  They go into masses to get attention which is the basic on
going into bodies at all.  There are some who don't want attention and
will try to put one unconscious if one looks at them.  One should have
the pc look toward the outer perimeter and something will appear to be
handled.  Handle it then continue directing attention to the outer
perimeter.  One can contact black masses that stir things up quite a
lot.  There are probably several perimeters.  On this step one could
encounter heavy bt/cls holding others in, bt/cls putting somatics and
sensations into the body, bt/cls acting as relays for perception and
sensation, false auras, layers of bt/cls in similar case states and
pairs of bts or clusters in opposite beingnesses held together.  This
step should extend the pc's space and improve perception.

     MISUNDERSTOODS ON BT/CLS STEP

     Bt/cls can get heavily fixated into misunderstood words.
Considerable trouble can be caused by this as one tends to misown the
misunderstood phenomena.  Often they don't understand things one reads
or hears and get hung up in it.  If they don't understand auditing
commands then one has to put them across conceptually.  One finds that
auditing conceptually goes faster as a general operating basis anyway.
The pc should be drilled on conceptualization of auditing commands if
he is not already doing this.  Clear the words concept, idea, thought,
spoken words, written words.  and pictures.  Then clear the concept of
auditing without language or pictures.  Now drill thinking thoughts
without words and thinking thoughts while verbalizing something else.
	
     Once he can do this, then assess the following list:

     A bt with a misunderstood

 in auditing commands
	in auditing questions 
 in spoken words
 in reading matter
	in entertainment 
	in study 
	in english 
	in foreign languages 
	symbol 
	sound 
 
     On any read locate the bt/cl and handle to a blow using
conceptual auditing.  Then check for any others reading on that same
line and handle.  Run through the list until nothing reads then
generally check for bt/cls with misunderstoods.

     CLEARING MASSES FROM THE BODY STEP

     After all the earlier steps are done one goes through the body
picking up anything left using all the techniques of the level.  At
this point in the program one may have to run engrams on bt/cls in
order to handle them as one is now into the heaviest cases.  There can
be quite a complexity of crossed chains so one should limit engram
running to the mutual incident for the whole mass.  It is also
permissible to run grades on a bt/cl.

     HANDLING PHYSICAL CONDITIONS

     In the case of injury where an assist is required one can use
touch assists, contact assists and D/L of the incident.  D/L could
also be used on a secondary making sure that one gets the beginning of
the incident.  EMIs should be handled then individuals and copies.  In
the case of a physical condition of long duration there are a number
of steps to ensure a full handling.  Ask the pc what caused it.  If
this gets into listing then treat it as such and get the item.
Normally it is the first thing mentioned.  Check for bt/cls being or
resisting the item.  Get the body part(s) affected by the item.  Check
for bt/cls being the body part or its absence then' any bt/cls in that
physical location.  Find and handle bt/cls being cures for the illness
then any that are protesting cures for the illness.  You should then
be able to take up the original body part again and handle bt/cls
being it, being not it or in that location.  Then recheck the original
item and handle those being it and those resisting it.  Find and
handle bt/cls with engrams on the item and those who had engrams run
relating to the item.  Then check for and handle any that had it as a
wrong item and those who copied or misowned the item.  A period of
illness involving the condition would be checked for as a cluster
making incident and handled as such if necessary.

     DRUG HANDLING

     A pc needing drug handling at this level should first have
finished the purif rundown.  If drugs are coming up as a recurring
item and the pc hasn't done advanced level 4 then one would
specifically address them with level 5 techniques.  This would best be
done after the repair of earlier auditing.  Bt/cls can go into the
beingness of drugs, trips and drug pictures.  The handling is
essentially the same as AL4 and is covered in that level.  One would
handle individuals with AL5 handlings rather than inc 1 and 2.  When
one takes up each reading drug there are additional categories of
items that should be taken up.  These are bt/cl being the drug, being
a drug trip, being a drug picture, being (misemotion given) and being
negative items.  The above can also be placed in assesments.  The LDN
used in AL4 would be replaced by the AL5 repair list.

--

Ralph Hilton

================ http://www.clearing.org ====================
Wed Aug 16 00:13:36 EDT 2000 
ftp://ftp.lightlink.com/pub/archive/ralph/nots
Send mail to [email-masked] saying help

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homer Wilson Smith     The paths of lovers    Art Matrix - Lightlink
(607) 277-0959               cross in         Internet Access, Ithaca NY
[email-masked]     the line of duty.     http://www.lightlink.com